With the holidays in full swing, we here at Brick are taking a mini-staycation. But have no fear: we'll be posting our 12 most popular new posts of 2012 all week long, starting today and ending on Friday, so you have plenty to keep you occupied.
And for those of you who find yourselves with some extra downtime during the week, we present the top 12 posts first posted before 2012 that continued to rack up tens of thousands of views this year. Here's hoping they help make your 2013 NYC real estate experience a bit merrier.
Most popular vintage posts this year (originally published pre-2012):
- How to buy a NYC apartment (updated Dec. '12)
- Security deposit self-defense: What you need to know now
- 5 tips for negotiating your lease renewal, plus 6 real-life examples
- Can you get bed bugs or lice from a communal laundry room?
- How to bed bug proof your NYC apartment
- Yes, it's still illegal to rent out your NYC apartment for less than a month
- The 7 worst places to live in a building
- 12 things to know before painting your NYC apartment
- 6 ways to get your landlord to fix stuff in your apartment
- 17 questions to ask before buying a NYC apartment
- Ask an Expert: What is the best kitchen countertop material?
- How to break a lease