We're spending the entire week looking at options to shake up your summer vacation this year, but if you're still in search of further inspiration, not to worry: we've got more ideas to keep you busy (and away from the city's warm weather smells) for the rest of the season. Read on:
- For those of you who prefer woodsy hikes over sweaty days at the beach, a beginner's guide to the various towns and regions of the Catskills
- Elsewhere, how to decide between the Adirondacks, Berkshires, and the Poconos
- 5 things you didn't know about vacationing in the Jersey Shore, plus a New Yorker's guide to shore vacations that look nothing like the MTV debacle of yore
- Did you know that Connecticut has some seriously scenic (and family-friendly) beaches?
- And if you can't bear the thought of your summer vacation ending, get inspired by this woman's story of moving from the Upper East Side to the Rockaways—permanently.