Share this Article
We're spending the entire week looking at options to shake up your summer vacation this year, but if you're still in search of further inspiration, not to worry: we've got more ideas to keep you busy (and away from the city's warm weather smells) for the rest of the season. Read on:
- For those of you who prefer woodsy hikes over sweaty days at the beach, a beginner's guide to the various towns and regions of the Catskills
- Elsewhere, how to decide between the Adirondacks, Berkshires, and the Poconos
- 5 things you didn't know about vacationing in the Jersey Shore, plus a New Yorker's guide to shore vacations that look nothing like the MTV debacle of yore
- Did you know that Connecticut has some seriously scenic (and family-friendly) beaches?
- And if you can't bear the thought of your summer vacation ending, get inspired by this woman's story of moving from the Upper East Side to the Rockaways—permanently.