Share this Article
We're taking an extra day off to celebrate the official kickoff of summer, but in honor of the start of the season, no time like the present to brush up on tips and tricks for backyards, terraces, rooftops, and even apartment gardens. After all, if you've got any outdoor space whatsoever (or a friend with outdoor space...), we expect you'll be spending a lot more time outside over the next few months.
- For the more ambitious DIY gardener, a step-by-step tutorial on building a raised vegetable garden of your very own
- Live in a rental? There's still plenty you can do to fix up your yard without a full-scale renovation
- If you've got extra space in your backyard, perhaps it's time you created a cozy little getaway shed?
- Safety protocol, childproofing tips, and other important FAQs for terraces, yards and rooftops
- We hate to burst your bubble, but no, backyard fire pits aren't legal in the city
- What you need to know if you're daydreaming about an in-ground pool in your NYC backyard
- And if you don't have a green space to call your own, here's the lowdown on the city's community gardens...
- ...or how to start a garden within your own little abode